Employer Monthly Schedule Depositor – Payroll Tax Deposit Due November 15, 2021
If you are required to deposit payroll taxes monthly, deposit payroll tax liabilities for October 2021 on or before November 15, 2021.
The payroll process includes:
- Calculating and preparing paychecks
- Accounting for amounts withheld from these paychecks
- Making deposits of taxes withheld from paychecks
- Reporting on taxes withheld and deposits made.
Before the beginning of each calendar year, you must determine which of the two deposit schedules you are required to use. There are two deposits schedules as listed below:
- Semi-weekly schedules are for the largest employers.
- Monthly schedules are used by the majority of employers.
Payroll taxes must be deposited with the government in a timely manner. If you fail to make a timely deposit, you may be subject to a failure-to-deposit penalty of up to 15 percent.